Links We Love, 05/05/12
by Team Fathom
Links We Love is the weekend compendium of what we're loving right now. Happy armchair traveling.
- Pinch: The octopus in Angola. The human hair hat in Papua New Guinea. Impossible to pick a favorite in this gallery of global hair awesomeness.
- EatBoutique: In the alternate universe where I'm a bakery person, Rose Bakery in Paris will be my secret headquarters.
- JustLuxe: It's James Beard Awards weekend in NYC. They're the Oscars of the food world, which means after-parties with chefs and too many dinners. After a Derby party at Seersucker and a swing by the Lucky Rice Asian street food festival, I'll be at Tertulia, Seamus Mullen's oustanding Spanish restaurant, nominated for Best New Restaurant. JustLuxe did a great interview with him pegged to the release of his new book, Hero Foods. Juleps, kimchi, and jamón ibérico: my kind of night.
Jeralyn, editorial director
- Hint.Fm: You will feel smarter in an instant with this collaboration site, wherein two geniuses invent new, visual ways for people to think about data. The wind map caught my eye first. It's a living portrait of info collected from the National Digital Forecast Database (and updated every hour). Beautiful and trippy.
- The Happiness Advantage: Shawn Achor, a researcher in the field of positive psychology, says the idea that success will bring you happiness is backwards thinking. It's happiness that fuels success. Twenty-one days of gratitudes can rewire the brain to work more optimistically. Hence, I would like to propose a new travel concept we can all be thankful for: The 21-day vacation. Who's with me?
Crystal, creative director
- Megazine: I feel a little late to the party (the online magazine launched in February), but I am sure glad I'm here.
- Hawaiian Coconut: When Emily Faulstich (one-half of Wildfox Couture, one of my very favorite T-shirt lines) travels, she Tumblrs. The photos of her recent vacation at Verana (one of my very favorite hotels) have me checking flights to PV.
Berit, assistant editor
- Outdoor movie theatres are popular in Australia and this photo of Perth's rooftop cinema caught my eye. The retro trailer is genius and the striped decks chairs remind me of the ones from Gallant & Jones.
- I'm in Bermuda this weekend so I've been spending a lot of time on Fabsearch, one of my most trusted resources when planning a trip. They archive travel articles from my favorite magazines and newspapers and organize them in an easy to use index sorted by destination.
Got something you want to show us? Tell us in the comments below.