We've long appreciated the detailed hotel reviews and refreshingly honest brochure Photo Fakeouts from Oyster.com. In their new video series, The Oyster Half Dozen, they're ranking hotels by theme. First up: best beach hotels in the U.S. and Caribbean.
With the temperature rapidly approaching winter, now's the time to start thinking about hotels with beaches as built-in amenities.
The top six are:
6. Trump International Beach Resort, Miami, Florida | Review
It's mellow (chaises, food and drink service, kite surfing), with seamless access from the pool lounge.
5. Arenas del Mar Beach & Nature Resort, Costa Rica | Review
Two beautiful, remote white sand strips, accessible by golf cart. Watch out for the monkeys.
4. Stanza Mare Coral Comfort, Dominican Republic | Review
Crystal clear water, easy access, and the option to parasail.
3. Kauai Beach Resort, Hawaii | Review
Nearly all the rooms face the water, which is big and rocky and ready for exploring.
2. Kauai Coast Resort, Hawaii | Review
Boulders and crashing waves make it a little too dangerous for swimming, but it's the best for photo ops.
1. Half Moon, Montego Bay, Jamaica | Review
Dreamy: swim with dolpins, ride horses through the water, windsurf, kayak to your heart's delight.
You can see the live brochure below: