So you didn't take your sweetheart to Paris for Valentine's Day.
But you still have time to take Paris home. With a little inspiration and ingenuity, you can turn breakfast in bed into a Parisian affair. Here's how.
Serve Paris on a Silver Platter
1. Borrow or buy a polished tray — chrome, silver, copper will do nicely.
4. It's all about the details: Even the butter knives are French.
5. Pick up a copy of Forbidden Fruit: The Letters of Abelard and Heloise, one of nine beautifully printed paperbacks from Penguin's Great Love collection. Or read aloud from a smutty classic like Anaïs Nin's Henry and June or Marguerite Duras' The Lover.
6. For a touch of sweet that's not too saccharine, add in a few pink caramel hearts from Vosges Volupté Collection.
7. Pull up the covers and play a soundtrack of soundtrack of French chansons. Edith Piaf is nostalgia Paree. Henri Salvador is like a cool breeze through billowing curtains. Jane Birkin and Serge Gainsbourg together sound like, well, like what you hope to spend the day doing.
8. A single, colorful flower in a bud vase. Isn't it romantic?